Pages

Monday 12 September 2011

Patchwork Cushion

I found this tutorial on Pinterest (which I am now slightly addicted to) for a patchwork bolster pillow which seemed perfect to do with my small scraps of pretty fabric I ordered from Etsy (heydeyshop).


Unfortunately the tutorial isn't the best for beginners like me (I am sure it is perfectly understandable if you are a competent sewer/sewing machine user).. for instance "sew the squares together".. I need more info!!!!... so I had to adapt it a bit. Instead of doing the squares diagonally I did them vertically to make it easier sewing.. and I actually liked it this way.. plus this was I wasted less of the little fabric I have.




 I cut my squares more or less to shape but they were by no means exact - so I decided/was forced to decide that instead of being perfectly in line my cushion would be more 'shabby chic' (a term I see used a lot on craft blogs/craft forums), so basically a bit skew-whiff...




I managed to sew them together competently but a bit wobbly.. The next problem was cutting the circular end pieces. Because I hadn't followed the directions exactly the size of the fabric in the tutorial wouldn't have worked so it took me a while to figure it out and a few too-small circles before I got it. Sewing the thing on was a mission in itself but I managed it in the end.. and here is the result!



As you can see, very shabby chic/skew whiff but I love it!


1 comment:

  1. I <3 PINTEREST! And I <3 this pillow! all of your stuff is so pretty and flowery and wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete