Pages

Saturday 2 February 2013

Heat Packs

As part of the Stashbusting Sewalong January Itty Bits, I managed to make, along with my pocket warmers, heat packs {I did finish in January - just!). There are many tutorials out there for heat packs but I really liked this one from fellow fellow with the split compartments and stop stitching around the sides. It was an easy project apart from the end trying to sew together the hole with loads of rice in the pack already! I made a bit of a mess with my thread but it's small and white so not wholly noticeable :)

It's not worth me writing out the tutorial as the one I followed was so good - so head there! The bags are filled with rice - easy to get and cheap!





So for January, I managed pocket warmers and heat packs - pretty fitting for the weather! I think I will continue January's theme throughout the challenge as I really love short projects and have plenty of small scraps left.

12 comments:

  1. Great tutorial! Thanks for sharing. I love the fabric you chose.

    New follower from the blog hop. Hope you can stop by my blog and follow me back!

    Phylicia
    http://heartsncraftsboutique.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm stopping by from blog hop & I'm following ya on Pinterest. I'm so glad i found this post! I'm going to try this soon. Mother Nature hit this morning and these would be perfect & they look so simple. I hope your having a great Sunday. Please stop by to say hi if you get a moment.

    XOXO
    Nikki
    www.TheCraftySideOfSarcasm.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Hope they relieve your pain :)

      Delete
  3. I love the way these turned out. I've been wanting to make some. (I'm always wanting to make something!). I'd love to have you share these at What to Do Weekends Party. Following also. Linda

    http://www.craftsalamode.com/2013/01/sweet-and-wonderful-friends-its-time.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - always a project on the mind! I will share them now. Thank you :)

      Delete
  4. These are pretty. Well done!

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fabric you choose is so pretty! New follower here from the Social Sunday linky party. I hope you will return the favor!
    http://lovejoyjunction.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shelly Ann! I will check out your blog now. :)

      Delete
  6. These are really cute! I'm just learning to sew, and I think this would be a nice, simple project to work on. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! Yes it is very good for a beginner project. You should check out the other sewing projects on my blog as im pretty new to sewing too and they're all easy!

      Delete