Pages

Wednesday 14 September 2011

Lined Zippered Pouches

I know this is my second post of the day but I've been meaning to post this one for a while and I've been very crafty this evening! The posts will slow down once I am back at uni and actually have work to do! Uh oh.. These were the first proper things I made with the sewing machine that baileyb lent me, apart from the cushion I did using the awesome fabric I bought in Spain.


I ordered some small pieces of fabric off Etsy from the heydey shop which I would reccommend - even though the fabric was cut a little smaller than I had anticipated it is very nice and was quite cheap. As it was quite small I had to think of something to make use of them and it had to be simple as I was pretty much trying out my sewing machine skills. I found this very informative tutorial on craftster.com which took me - total amateur - through the steps very clearly and I came up with these little coin purses!



The pink one was the first one I made - so not technically brilliant but I was proud all the same! I've made three now - and I think I will stop unless I find someone to give them to.



My favourite is the black and white hippo one as I like the fabric, and it was made last so is consequently the most well made. Now I just have to think of recipients!




No comments:

Post a Comment