The recipe required me to grind the almonds in a food processor - this was the first problem. My food processor is quite small so I don't think the almonds were quite ground enough. I am not sure why the recipe didn't just call for ground almonds.. I was a little worried about the consistency of the mixture but mum reassured me these cookies were meant to be hard so the mixture should be too..
I also did not pipe the mixture from a piper onto the baking sheets, I just spooned it on. This is probably why they turned out super lumpy and weird shapes. Didn't affect the taste though!
Disaster struck when they had been in the oven for 10 mins.. I realised I had forgotten to stir in almond extract (ie, the most important ingredient). I sort of sprinkled it on top halfway through cooking and hoped for the best.
They tasted pretty good in the end. I put some in a ziplock bag and tied a ribbon around - my boss seemed happy with them (they are her fave!).