Pages

Thursday 2 February 2012

Travel Jewelry Pouch

This year for Secret Santa I had baileyb. This was a very good thing as she was my secret santa last year and made me literally my most treasured thing I own in life, this quilt:









It's so beautiful!




You can't top a quilt. But I wanted to do her something good. Initally decided to make her 3 different cases - one for her laptop, one for her kindle and one for her phone, but then my mum mentioned that she had made her mum a really nice laptop case and so probably had one already. So I continued with the kindle and iphone pouches but then for the third thing made her this travel jewelry pouch. It was the most complicated thing I have made yet and took the longest but I am very pleased with the result.
It was the first time I had to make a button hole. I used this video which was extremely helpful.


Kindle case (how to - see laptop case post)


























Travel Jewelry pouch

























I actually changed the ribbon when I acquired one that suited the pouch better - shown below.


She messaged me saying she loved it! Success!

3 comments:

  1. That pouch is a great idea Jess, I've bookmarked it under gift ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Wendy! I might have to make a few more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! I do love it! You're too sweet :)

    ReplyDelete