Since then I have made it twice and kind of want to have it again tonight now I am thinking about it..
Toad in the Hole
225g plain flour
- Set the oven to about 180 degrees (fan).
- Blend the milk, eggs and S&P together until frothy. Leave for at least twenty minutes.
- Heat the oil until hot in a roasting tray. Add the sausages and cook until they are how you like them - around 15 mins for me.
- Add the flour slowly to the egg/milk mixture and blend until totally combined.
- Pour the mixture over the sausages in the tray (get rid of excess fat if there is a lot of it first) and put in the oven until risen and golden brown. This should take about half an hour.
I think it's best served drowned in gravy but it's also popular with peas and/or mashed potato.
Pictured is half this recipe for two people.