Pages

Wednesday 21 December 2011

Vanilla Extract

I found a great tutorial for making your own vanilla extract and decided to make some in the summer so it would have a good few months to "steep" to be perfect in time for Christmas. It was super easy and unlike what my parents thought vanilla bean really isn't that expensive (even here in Switzerland!) The vodka was the pricier ingredient as I didn't use the crappy stuff.


I also tried out Vanilla Sugar which literally was slicing the vanilla pods in half then putting them in with the sugar in a jam jar and shaking.. a lot!



Here are the bottles a few minutes after I made them. I only made three as I had to buy the empty bottles which did cost too much to buy more, but they are pretty!



Starting to steep properly after a few days..


And here are them now! I made cut labels to size out of white stickers and wrote on them. 






All ready to be gifted to an unsuspecting person!




No comments:

Post a Comment