Pages

Wednesday 3 April 2013

Pecan and Chocolate Cobbler

I saw this recipe on Life Away From the Office Chair and made it the same day. In the UK we don't really have cobbler so I was intrigued. I was told it was a bit like crumble but mine certainly didn't turn out like that so I'm not even sure if it turned out right or not! Either way it was GOOD!


Pecan and Chocolate Cobbler
Serves 6-10
2 sticks butter (approx one butter in the UK)
1 1/4 C sugar + 1 C sugar
1 1/2 C self raising flour
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 milk
6 tbsp cocoa powder
2 cups chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 175C/350F. Melt butter and pour into a 9x13 inch dish. In a bowl, mix 1 1/4 C sugar, flour, vanilla and milk and pour into the melted butter without stirring. Then mix 1 C sugar, cocoa powder and pecans together and pour on top of the batter, then two cups of boiling water in it, again without stirring.

Bake for 30-45 minutes until brown. Serve warm with ice cream.

I hope everyone had a lovely Easter.

1 comment: