Pages

Tuesday 5 February 2013

Courgette & Chocolate Chip Muffins

I've seen many recipes for courgette (zucchini!) bread and muffins and finally got around to making some. I found this recipe on Alyssa B. Young and had most of the ingredients already.


They are really great. The recipe is simple and they turned out better than my cakes usually do with very little effort! The cinnamon especially really worked with the chocolate and they are really light.

My modified version is below - I made a few changes. I'm not a huge nut fan so I took away the walnuts and I didn't have any vanilla so I left it out, and I'm not sure it would add anything. I didn't want to put as much oil in as she suggested but then it seemed dry so I added another egg - worked perfectly! I tried two batches, one with 1C courgette and one with 2C courgette and both were really good so I would recommend doing it with 2C. Pictures are with 1C.

Courgette and Chocolate Chip Muffins
Makes 12
1.5 C all-purpose flour
3/4 C sugar
1 tsp baking/bicarbonate soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 C vegetable oil
1/4 C milk
1 tbs lemon juice
1-2 C shredded corguette/zucchini (approx 1-2 corguette)
1/4 C dark chocolate chips

In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Combine the egg, oil, milk, lemon juice; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in zucchini and chocolate chips.





Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350 degrees F/175 degrees C for 25-35 minutes or until muffins test done.


2 comments:

  1. Jessie Kay,
    Thank you for sharing these at my party. They look delicious, I love zucchini bread. So I can't wait to make them. Hope to see you next week. I'm pinning them.
    Wanda Ann @ Memories by the Mile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for hosting! Have a nice day :)

      Delete