Pages

Thursday 17 November 2011

Egg Fried Rice

I make egg fried rice quite a lot so I thought I'd share my way of doing it. It's much healthier than ordering it and is super easy. I usually do everything by eye but I'll try to measure it this time so the recipe works.

Egg Fried Rice a la me
Serves 2 

Enough rice for 2
1-2 tbsp Soy Sauce
1/2-1 tsp Toasted sesame oil
2 Spring onions
1 Egg
Sprinkle of pepper

To begin, cook the rice according to instructions. Do not overcook! Drain and let the rice cool until at least luke warm. Warm spray oil or vegetable oil in a pan, then add rice. Fry for a minute, then add the soy sauce and sesame oil. Fry for a further three-four minutes, push to the side, then add the egg, immediately breaking the yolk and gently scrambling it. When the egg is no longer raw, start to mix with the rice and fry it all for a further two-three minutes. Sprinkle in the pepper to taste then finally add the finely chopped spring onions to fry for one more minute. Serve immediately.











With this dish I did honey-soy salmon (I can get awesome things like salmon on a student budget if I go to the store an hour before closing - good tip!). I mixed clear honey and soy with pinch of salt and a clove of garlic to taste and covered the salmon with that and finely chopped spring onions. I baked it for about 10 minutes (as I like my salmon rare) and it came out as a perfect accompaniment to my egg fried rice.





Possibly my best meal as a student to date?


1 comment: