Pages

Wednesday 1 May 2013

Morris Dancing on May Day

Happy May Day everyone. This is an ancient Spring Festival and a public holiday in many countries. In Britain traditionally it is celebrated with maypole celebrations, folk music, crowning a May queen and morris dancing

I am home in eastern France for a week or two before my exams start and early this morning we went up to the castle in the hills behind our village with the Morris Dancing group of the area, a collection of British men and a woman who dance together regularly at ex-pat and British events in the area to begin the day.

It was a really foggy morning (and week!) and I snapped a picture of them up by the castle as they danced bringing in the morning and 'spring' (?). The photo is available for purchase in my etsy shop along with my other photographs from various places in the world. 


On with the studying.. I hope everyone has a wonderful May Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment